The holidays are quickly approaching, and we all want guests that come to our home to feel welcome from the moment they arrive. If your current entry door gives off a vibe that’s anything but inviting – or your windows look like they belong on a haunted house – now is the time to take care of door and window replacement.
Energy-Efficient Entry Doors
Through the end of 2013, you’ll not only enjoy improved curb appeal and lower utility bills when you make energy-efficient door and window improvements, you’ll also save money with a federal tax credit. To qualify, purchase and install qualifying ENERGY STAR® qualified products through December 31, 2013. This credit is also retroactive for purchases back to January 1, 2012. Here are more details.
- Tax credit is for cost of doors or windows only. Installation costs are not eligible.
- Tax credit applicable to your primary residence only.
- Receive a tax credit for 10% of the qualifying window cost, up to $200. Receive a tax credit for 10% of the qualifying door cost, up to $500. Total tax credit may not exceed $500.
- You may be required to have a Manufacturer’s Certification Statement to qualify for the tax credit. This is a signed statement from the manufacturer certifying that the door or window listed qualifies for the 2013 tax credit.
- If an energy tax credit of $500 or more was claimed in the 2006 through 2011 tax years, you are not eligible for this tax credit for 2012 or 2013.
If you’re ready to take advantage of this credit, we encourage you to check out our selection of beautiful ProVia® entry doors. In addition to being durable and stylish, ProVia doors are incredibly energy-efficient, with many models meeting ENERGY STAR guidelines.
For more information on ProVia doors, replacement windows or the 2013 federal tax credit, please contact Huff ‘N Puff today. We’re your one-stop shop for home improvement in Albany, Troy, Middletown, Southeast and all nearby communities!