Keeping a Happy and Healthy Home with Your GuttersJuly 24, 2016
It may not be obvious, but your gutters play a significant part in keeping your family happy and healthy. Unreliable gutters are dangerous in many ways. From damage to your home to health issues, your entire household may be at risk.
What to Avoid
Huff ‘N Puff understands the importance of offering top-notch products and providing high-quality gutter installation services. Here are five of the most common problems encountered by homeowners:
- Clogged gutters allow water to collect on the roof. Take note that this weakens and rots wood and steel.
- Ice dams redirect water back up to the roof. This can cause further damage and added weight to the roof and gutters.
- Leaks in the gutter allow water to run off where they shouldn’t. In addition, they can cause water damage to other parts of the home, such as walkways, windows, and the siding.
- Water leaking into the house causes excess moisture. This can result in water damage to the walls and furniture. Excess water in the basement, walls and/or crawlspace promotes rot, mold and mildew. In addition to compromising the house’s structural integrity, it also poses serious health risks like respiratory problems, allergies, food spoilage and bad house smells by excessive mold being dispersed into the air.
- Pooled water in gutters is often overlooked. Keep in mind that this can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
What You Should Do
If you’re experiencing one or more of these problems, you should look into gutter replacement. Our own seamless gutters keep minimum contact with the roof frames by installing load-bearing brackets and eliminating use of screws and spikes. The use of heaviest-gauge aluminum ensures your gutter system can withstand years of exposure to the elements. This is your assurance that the rainwater will go where it’s supposed to.
Clogs and ice dams are prevented by installing gutter guards, such as Gutter Helmet®, and heating products, such as Helmet Heat®. At Huff N’ Puff, we are proud to say we are the official dealer of these products for your gutters in the Hudson Valley and Capital Region.
Gutters are, basically, designed to route rainwater away from the house and keep the insides warm and comfortable. Nevertheless, a reliable gutter system should keep it that way for a long time.
If you notice signs that your gutter needs repair or replacement, you need a reliable contractor like Huff N’ Puff. Call us at (855) 483-3678 and let’s talk about your gutter concerns today.