Importance and Benefits of Gutter Protection SystemsJune 08, 2017
Cleaning your aluminum gutters on your own is time-consuming, tedious, and downright dangerous since it involves climbing a ladder onto your roof. Spare yourself this trouble by investing in a gutter protection system. Here, Huff ‘N Puff discusses the five main types of gutter guards:
Five Types of Gutter Guards
1. Reverse Curve Guard: This is commonly made from vinyl or metal and installed over the gutter opening. While it prevents debris from entering the gutter during calm weather, it is not as effective in a heavy rainstorm.
2. Metal Screen: Made of curved screens of short sections, metal screens can be fastened to the outer opening of the gutter. The main downside of metal screens is they can get clogged with seeds.
3. Slit Gutter Cover: A variant of the reverse-curve with one or two recessed slots that serve to increase the amount of water that can flow into the gutter. Just like reverse-curve style, a slit gutter cover may underperform in heavy rain.
4. Sponge Guard: A type of protection that uses a sponge and is placed inside the gutter. While it can prevent large debris from getting into the gutter, it is not as effective at filtering out smaller debris.
5. Micro Mesh Gutter Guards: This type of protection uses a filtering mesh material with a support frame. While it can filter even the smallest debris and does not clog, it is more complicated to install.
We offer our best solutions for gutter protection: gutter caps and Helmet Heat®. The gutter cap is a filter with a ribbed surface that can handle over 22 inches per hour of rainfall. Its unique water adherent coating ensures continuous flow and it is resistant to acid rain. Helmet Heat protects your system against water damage caused by ice dams. It comes with a hidden cable system and it is energy-efficient. It can be installed on gutters with existing guards.
Gutter guards and Helmet Heat can be installed over your existing gutters very easily. For a free quote and inspection or you want to browse our collection, including your choice of gutter filter, call us today at (855) 483-3678.