Fall is just around the corner and with this season comes the perfect opportunity to fix everything that needs to be fixed in and around your home. This is especially true of your home’s exterior because it will soon be subjected to the harshness of winter. The last thing you want is to have problems with your gutters, windows or doors right in the middle of a winter storm.
If you want to be ready for the coming winter and avoid repairs at during the worst of winter, inspect the exterior of your home. To help you out with this important task, Huff ‘N Puff, the top experts when it comes to gutters, windows, and doors in Troy, NY and the surrounding areas, have prepared a fall maintenance checklist:
- Roofing inspection, repairs, or replacements – Your roof is your first line of defense against the weather. Have a professional inspect it to ensure that it’s in perfect condition. You might also need to get it repaired or even replaced if necessary.
- Clean, repair or replace gutters – Just like your roof, your gutter system plays an important role in protecting you from the weather. Especially with falling leaves around the corner, you should get your gutters cleaned to avoid clogs. If there are problems with your gutters, get them repaired now. Seamless gutters in Saratoga Springs, NY (and the surrounding areas) can work very well as they offer resistance against wear and tear.
- Install gutter guards – Gutter guards keep your gutters clog-free for a long time without cleaning. Investing in a durable gutter guard like Gutter Helmet® will definitely help you avoid expensive gutter repairs in the future.
- Seal cracks around doors and windows – This will help keep your home more energy-efficient, saving you money through lower energy bills in the long run.
- Replace old, dilapidated doors and windows – If your windows and doors are too old and worn down, you should think about replacing them.
If you need help with your gutters, doors, and windows, Huff ‘N Puff is the best way to go. We’ve been providing homeowners in Albany County, Rensselaer County, Saratoga County, Schenectady, Hudson Valley, Dutchess County, and Orange County, NY with top-of-the-line home improvement products and services since 1973—that’s more than 4 four decades of service! Give us a call and we’ll get the job done for you.