Your gutters may not be the most visually prominent component of your exterior, but the role they play in protecting your home is huge. In today’s post, the experts at Huff N’ Puff explain why your gutters are so important, and how products like Gutter Helmet® can ensure they provide superior protection for many years.
Reasons Gutters Are Important
Your gutter acts as a trough that collects precipitation that runs off your roof, directing it toward the downspout and away from your property. Because they are “open” at the top, gutters tend to accumulate debris such as pine needles, leaves, acorns and dirt, which can cause a clog. This is dangerous because it prevents your gutters from moving water away from your home, resulting in water damage.
Here are some of the problems caused by a poorly maintained or damaged gutter:
- Debris will start to decompose, which will then mat down and compress into a solid mass that clogs the gutters.
- Clogged and accumulated debris turn into a potential fire hazard.
- Debris can form a bridge that may let water cascade over the edge.
- Water can pool around your foundation, causing leaks in your basement.
- The foundation may crack and settle.
- The siding, windows, and doors may sustain water damage.
You can prevent all of these problems by installing our replacement gutters. At Huff ‘N Puff, you will have access to our varied selection of gutter protection products.
The Right Products for You
Gutter Helmet is the best gutter protection system on the market. This innovative product sports a Permalife™ Finish to protect your gutter from harmful substances like acid rain and salt water. Its Nose Forward Design lets water flow smoothly through the system, while debris is directed away from the gutter and falls safely to the ground.
Contact us at (855) 483-3678 for more details about our products and services, including our heated gutters. Let’s talk about how to prevent water damage once and for all.