You Get What You Pay For: 10 Advantages of Quality Replacement WindowsDecember 24, 2013
Advantages of Quality Replacement Windows
- Energy efficiency. In the Capital region, windows with a high energy performance rating (as determined by the National Fenestration Rating Council) can result in significant cost savings and reduction of heat loss.
- Price. Quality construction adds to the cost of a window, but the added cost is almost always offset by improved durability, energy efficiency and appearance. A reputable window company will be able to get you the grade of window you desire at the best value.
- Style. Windows of various sizes and shapes can enhance architectural appeal of your home without looking “out of place.” Find the windows that will work best with your home by evaluating its design and the need for interior light.
- Security. Poorly constructed, builder-grade windows won’t leave you feeling safe at home. Protection against break-ins and severe weather are another benefit of quality windows.
- Durability. There is no simple way to find a window that won’t rot, deteriorate or crack. Research windows that demonstrate solid design and workmanship, and come with high recommendations from others who have used the same products.
- Ease of maintenance and operation. Quality replacement windows are easy for anyone to maintain and clean, and open and close without hassle.
- Durable seals. Seals are critical to preventing the loss of insulating gas, condensation between panes and degradation of low-E coatings.
- Noise reduction. Well-constructed windows stop the transfer of outside noise into your home.
- UV protection. Quality window lines will offer glass options that include fade protection to guard against the sun’s damaging effects on interior furnishings.
- Ease of installation. The installation of the replacement windows you choose should be summed up in three words: easy, neat and accurate. Proper installation is crucial to avoid air and water leakage, and prevent damage to both window and wall.
As you consider replacement window options, begin your search with a reputable window company that offers proven materials and employs expert installers to ensure professional work. As with other products, warranties can be an indicator of the reliability of the window and its manufacturer. Contact Huff ‘N Puff to see samples of custom-built windows from Renewal by Andersen®. We’re proud to serve customers in Albany, Troy, Clarkstown and all nearby communities in the Capital and Hudson Valley regions.