9 Functional Bay Window Design Ideas from Huff ‘N PuffFebruary 29, 2016
Many people love bay windows because they add more space, light and ventilation to homes. This style consists of both operational and fixed windows that project outward from the wall. This way, you can turn the added space into functional window seats.
Bay Windows from Huff ‘N Puff
Huff ‘N Puff lists the popular window design ideas to make the most of your bay replacement windows in Albany:
- If you have long bay windows, you can create a long seat and add a dining table. This will allow you to entertain more guests during mealtime.
- Make your window seat more comfortable by having a cushion upholstered and adding cozy pillows.
- Create inspirational study areas by leaving space for tables or desks.
- You can build bookshelves on both sides of the window to have a cozy reading nook.
- If you want a cottage look for your window seats, use beadboard panels. These add dimension and texture to your window seat.
- You can hide radiators and plumbing under the window’s seat. Just make sure it is vented properly and has easy access when needed.
- Corner window seats make good places for breakfast nooks. You can use window treatments for added privacy.
- You can build storage cabinets and/or drawers underneath the seat. If you place this type of bay window in the kitchen, you can store frequently used pots and pans inside drawers. You can also have these windows installed in the children’s room and use the storage for clothes or toys.
- Use a pop of color to make your bay replacement windows in Albany, NY, the focal point of the room. Make sure you choose a shade that goes well with your home’s current color scheme.
Huff ‘N Puff offers one of the best quality windows in the New York area. We are proud to carry Renewal by Andersen® windows known for their durability, beauty and efficiency. With Fibrex® frames, your new windows will have the look of wood without the maintenance. Renewal by Andersen windows also come with High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass for optimum energy efficiency. As a qualified installer, we offer industry-leading warranties that cover glass, frames and other components, as well as installation.
To learn more about our bay windows, call us at (518) 688-1624. You can also schedule a free in-home consultation through our contact form.