5 Signs You Need to Upgrade Your GuttersApril 11, 2017
Your gutters are constantly battered by the elements. Over time, this unceasing wear and tear takes a toll, which can cause your gutters to malfunction. Here are five signs its time to invest in replacement gutters:
How to Know When to Replace Your Gutters
- Your home needs a boost in curb appeal. Curb appeal is typically attributed to the roof and siding, but gutters still contribute to your home’s appearance. Instead of typical galvanized steel gutters, consider stainless steel or (even better) copper gutters.
- You have overflowing gutters. If your region receives a high amount of rainfall, you should consider upgrading your gutters for capacity. If you’ve only ever had half-round gutters, we recommend upgrading to bigger K-style ones. Deeper gutters reduce the risks of rainwater splashing onto the fascia, seeping into the roof deck, or overflowing into your home’s foundation, all of which could lead to rotten wood and compromised structural integrity. Also, consider upgrading to heated gutters if ice tends to form along the eaves of your roof.
- You see puddles in your driveway or on the landscaping. Speaking of concrete, another reason to prevent overflowing rainwater is that it could form large puddles that can flood your landscaping or soak into the driveway concrete and soften it. Combined with the continued stress of everyday use, your driveway could crack and bow in a short time due to your failing gutters.
- You’re reapplying sealant too often. You know your gutter joints are starting to deteriorate if you’re reapplying sealant more often than usual. Upgrading to seamless gutters eliminates the need to re-seal, reduces maintenance requirements, and gives you the confidence that your gutters will work no matter what the weather throws at them.
- You need to add features. Maybe you need to upgrade more than just capacity. Fortunately, there are other upgrade options such as nail-free gutter hangers that eliminate stress and punctures on your roof fascia, and gutter protection systems like Gutter Helmet®, which pushes leaves and debris straight to the ground and keeps your gutters clear.
To learn more about when and how to upgrade your gutters, call Huff ‘N Puff today at (855) 483-3678 or fill out our contact form for a free, no-obligation estimate.