10 Steps to Follow on the Path to Replacement Windows
The process of replacing the windows on your home – and especially finding a reputable company to replace them – can seem overwhelming. Here we’ve created a start-to-finish guide for you to follow to make the experience less confusing … and maybe even enjoyable!
Determine which windows in your home should be replaced. Do you want to replace one or two, or every window?
- Windows vary widely in price, so decide on a budget so you (and the window companies you solicit bids from) understand your price point.
- Research the various types of windows to determine which styles will best complement your home. Keep in mind that not all windows will be suited for our climate zone.
- Educate yourself about the products and options available to you. Familiarize yourself with common window terms and features.
- Make a list of questions you have about windows and the window installation process.
- Contact at least three local replacement window companies to request a price quote for your project. Estimates should always be free and in writing! Be sure to ask the questions you have, and write down the answers for comparison purposes.
- Visit the showrooms of the companies you are considering to analyze the products available in your price range. Get a feel for the company and its qualifications, reputation and sales approach.
- Ask questions about warranty coverage and service after the sale. If you have a future problem with your windows, how will it be handled?
- Talk to past clients about their experience with the company.
- Based upon the information you have gathered and your impressions, select the company you would like to install your windows.
Huff ‘N Puff has been serving customers in New York State since 1973. Over the past four decades, we have grown to become an established and trusted organization. We welcome the opportunity to present you with a FREE, no-obligation written quote for your project, along with capable guidance throughout the replacement window process! If you live in the Capital District or the Hudson Valley region and are interested in finding out how our products might help you, please fill out the Contact Us form on this site.